Posted to alt.home.repair
Catwatcher Catwatcher is offline

Default Gutter Guard?

I used these (they aren't hinged), and they are working well for me.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

The Amerimax gutter covers cost $1 per foot. I have Maples on three sides
of the house and I had to clean the gutters twice a year. They don't just
keep the leaves out, they keep the small stuff out too.

(snip)
Gutter Helmet costs a few thousand dollars, so for the $160 it cost to do
my house I am very happy with the results.

--
Tony Sivori

I'd like to second these results. I installed mine about 5 years ago and
have had no clogging problems with them installed on a 10 pitch roof. The
one problem area is an inside corner where a valley empties. The water
velocity is such that heavy rains overshoot the gutter. A deflector placed
at the bottom of the valley helped but didn't entirely solve the problem.