Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Left Behind

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 02:12:53 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Qwest, my phone company, is another. They just merged with
CenturyLink, Inc. this month. I hope something good comes of it.

Good luck with that! I have had an open work order for 16 months on
an intermittent phone line. Sometimes I can't get a dial tone, or it's
so noisy that I can't use it, but it's still not fixed.

When its noisy...simply attach a variac across the line and slowly start
bringing up the voltage. (use an amp meter)

When it suddenly goes to zero...you have done your job.

That should burn out the bad splice and they should be able to find it.

Ah..dont tell em about the variac.

Wont harm the phone company..they are fused..but it helps solve the
problem once and for all.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is