Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Left Behind

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 13:14:18 -0700, Winston
wrote:

anorton wrote:

(...)

Comcast has very poor customer service rankings, and after my experience
I am sure it is due to their inflexible computer system. I think if
Comcast managment had more faith in their people and less in their
computer, they would do a much better job.

It ain't their computer IMHO.

Soon after moving into our current home, I contacted Comcast
to install cable and high speed internet. They jerked me
around for a week, offering any number of transparently bogus
excuses* in a tone of voice that indicated that I was
'entertainment' not a 'potential customer'.

I've experienced companies that cannot manage to support their
products once installed but Comcast is one of those exceptional
organizations that couldn't give a crap about signing up new
customers to begin with.

* I needed to talk to a *specific* person in Sales! WTF?

From everything I've heard about Comcast for the past years, they're
one of the companies which is too big NOT to fail.

Qwest, my phone company, is another. They just merged with
CenturyLink, Inc. this month. I hope something good comes of it.

Good luck with that! I have had an open work order for 16 months on
an intermittent phone line. Sometimes I can't get a dial tone, or it's
so noisy that I can't use it, but it's still not fixed.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.