Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Replace T 12 tubes with T8 tubes?

"walter" wrote:

As my 4 foot T12 fluorescent lights in my shoplights fail, can I replace
them with 4' T8 tubes? These shoplights all seem to have electronic
ballasts, consisting of a small, sealed plastic package about 2"x2"x1/2".

No- but if you like the T-8s, keep saving the cheap shoplights as they
fail. When you get 6 of them, check ebay for the deals on T8
ballasts. Buy 6 of them and spend a morning doing ballasts.

I did that a couple years ago & I'm happy with the results.

Jim