Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Replace T 12 tubes with T8 tubes?

On Apr 23, 2:52*am, The Ghost in The Machine
wrote:
On Apr 23, 1:18*am, "walter" wrote:

As my 4 foot T12 fluorescent lights in my shoplights fail, can I replace
them with 4' T8 tubes? These shoplights all seem to have electronic
ballasts, consisting of a small, sealed plastic package about 2"x2"x1/2".

Thanks

Walter

DO YOUR SHOP LIGHT FIXTURES HAVE ELECTRONIC BALLAST ?
THEN SURE.,
OTHERWISE REPLACE THE BALLAST TOO & SHAZAM, LIKE ALL NU !

PAT ECUM

its probably cheaper to replace the fixture than just the ballast for
low cost shop lights, although i havent priced them