Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_3_] Mark Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Denon DN-A7100 surround preamp

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
Hello all,

I've got a Denon DN-A7100 which came in with a complaint of the front
panel volume control (rotary encoder) not working, but volume on the
remote OK. I initially traced it don to no +5V on the encoder when, OH
JOY, it fixed itself.

Anyone seen this problem on this model before? Anyone have an e-mailable
schematic?

Thanks!
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

It'll be the volume encoder - I get these sorts of complaints all the time.
You can 'scope the output and see how noisy or nearly non-existent it is.

Part number is 9430205909

I stock your most common types for this reason. It so happens that Onkyo
sells them cheap. Send me a pic and the dimensions and I'll bet I have one.

Mark Z.