Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What do they mean

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:12:13 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 13, 3:04 pm, wrote:
When a cell phone company says 'Free mobile to mobile" Do they mean
mobile to land line is not free? These companies seem so crooked.

--
All is as it is.

"Free mobile to mobile" means only that - mobile to mobile calls are
free.

You shouldn't imply anything about mobile to land line calls based on
what they say about mobile to mobile calls. That's a totally separate
issue that needs to be investigated on it's own.

That's akin to assuming that a 50% off sale on shirts mean you won't
get 50% off on pants. Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Apples to
oranges. No relation.

So I gotta know what kind of phone the person has that I'm calling?
Sounds like **** fraud to me.

No, you can talk to whomever you want. You'll just have to pay for
some of them. If you talk to someone for long periods, it would be in
your interest to have the same company he does. If you get a phone or
help pick out of a phone for your kids or your spouse or parents, or
even if you just discuss it, you might want to consider if you'll be
talking to them a lot or not.

IF you're going to throw around words like crooked and fraud for
something that is so reasonable and easy to use, well, I'm not going
to be able to trust your opinion on anything.