Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Annoying Clock on Microwave

On Friday, April 22, 2011 10:35:47 AM UTC-7, jeff_wisnia wrote:
From my "I can't believe they'd make it this way" list.

Last year I purchased a new Westinghouse Model WST-3501 microwave oven
for our office lunchroom.

The TOD, which is displayed whenever the unit is on standby, loses about
two minutes a day, and has to be reset every few days

Check your outlet! It sounds like some considerable voltage drop
occurs in the wiring and the clock stops during operation.
I've seen a microwave gain seconds when in use, too (the
TTL chips in the clock circuitry had no bypass capacitors).