Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default G-code help needed...

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The blocks are glued and clamped, they should be ready tomorrow
afternoon. I need to eventually find some affordable 3D CAM software
as well as a good simulator. The problem of course is that all I do is
really hobby stuff, so I can't justify really expensive stuff.

There is about $70K worth of software and hardware focused on this.
Haha!

I think there are a couple of software products around that could programm
these parts for free.
I'll see if I have the original release of FreeMill around somewhere.
Ir was easy, worked OK and the price was right.

You'd still need a modeller but there again, you could use Rhino or one of
it's many clones.
Hobby guys seem to love it.

--
John R. Carroll

I've got TurboCAD Pro V17, so I should be ok on the CAD end, other than
learning more of the 3D end of it beyond what I've been doing. It's the
CAM end I need to upgrade beyond SheetCAM, and of course finding a good
simulator.