Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Electricity meter question.

Bob Minchin wrote:
Andy Dingley wrote:
On Apr 22, 3:50 am, Bob Minchin
wrote:

However, in practice it is quite difficult to manage domestic
consumption to follow the time profile of the sun's availability so
treat the "quid a day" as a bonus and just use the 4 quid a day

It did strike me that a better situation would be a house with two
separate supplies, and fitting the PV to one of these, that you don't
use any supply for yourself. Given the subsidies, this "magic solar
electricity" is far too valuable to use yourself.

By strange circumstance, I happen to have two electricity supplies to
this place...

I think you might have missed the point a bit Andy.

You get paid the tariffs based on what you generate NOT what you feed
into the grid*. You are even better off if you can use the power as
well but that is not easy as a normal household is not running high
power loads in the middle of bright sunny days.

*until smart metering is rolled out when they will be able to
differentiate between power flowing in different directions and read
the data remotely.

So fit an aircon unit:-)
--
Adam