Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Porcelain thermally conductive insulators ?

Baron wrote in message
N_Cook Inscribed thus:

Baron wrote in message
N_Cook Inscribed thus:

I had to get inside that amp again, yet another PbF problem from
next to zero insertion force speaker connector at the PA 4 removal
& inserts by me was enough , only 6 months old.
The slabs pass red laser pointer light, but then on checking but so
does the ceramic of high temp "choc block".
These slabs are more trnasmissive and scatter the light throughout
the slab not just the entry and exit area of the chock block.

Mmm ! Interesting. I have a small quantity of boxed TO3 BeO
insulators. I'll have to get one out and see.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

It maybe a function of thickness, these being 1.8mm thick slabs rather
than wafers

I cracked open a box of TO3 BeO insulators this afternoon...
I was very surprised ! I tried shining a red laser pointer through one.
Its weird but they do seem to glow but no direct light through it.

Putting one against a small hole in a cardboard box and viewing the sun
shows nothing, no light, nothing. Most odd !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Thast was the same here complete scarttering with no obvious bright spot
directly opposite the entry point. Chock block ceramic was just the
adjascent bright spot , much attenuated in comparison to the porcelain or
vitrified BeO slab