Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Obama to markets: DIVE, DIVE, DIVE

On 4/21/2011 9:03 PM, David R. Birch wrote:

Well, at least you're getting the idea of what honesty is. Not
pretending to be something you're not is one good example of it. It's
true that you just don't hear the "liberal" media going around
saying they are neutral. They at least acknowledge a left leaning
position. Conversely, Fox pretends they are not a right wing station.
With people like Neil Cavuto, O'Reilly, Hannity, and Beck as your
main prime time line up you'd have to be a liar to say your network
isn't completely committed to the right wing agenda.

Yet the lefty media seem to spend a lot of time complaining about the
righty media not being fair and balanced, and imply by doing so that the
lefty media are.

Maybe you think so but that doesn't make it so. If I say Bernie Madoff
is a thief that doesn't imply I'm one too, does it? It's clear that Fox
is very biased toward the republican party but they claim they aren't. I
don't think making that observation says anything about who made it.
After all it is true so pointing that out doesn't imply anything.

As you righties like to point out, the mainstream media is all made
up of liberal people so it's no wonder they are biased to the left.

Sorry, guy, but you establishment lefties are quite a bit to the right
of me.

So you're saying your an extreme left leaning liberal?

Just be fair and admit the same thing about Fox.

Can't say, I've never actually watched Fox network news, the local Fox
station doesn't carry it.

So you're ignorant about Fox and how they operate having no personal
experience with the network? Then where did you get your information
about the station?

I watch Katie Couric because I guess someone should, alas, soon to be
replaced by another newsclown.

What is that supposed to mean? You can't believe what she says on the
news? Or can you? If you think she's not telling you the facts about the
days events then why would you keep watching?

Everyone working there, or damn near everyone working there is a
registered republican or a libertarian.

You say that like you consider libertarians to to be conservative. Are
you really that ignorant?

It's not me that considers libertarians to be conservative. The
consensus among political scientists is that they are. So what is your
idea? You think libertarianism is a political position that is on the
left side of the political spectrum?

I'm sorry, I forgot for a moment who I was responding to. Yes, you are
that ignorant.

Compared to whom? You think you're an expert in politics? What makes you
think so? Got any credentials?

So by the same logic that makes CBS liberal that makes Fox right
wing. Just admit it and be done with it.

That would require me to care.

No it wouldn't. All it would require from you is that you have an
interest in fairness. Do you think you're a fair minded person? If you
do then you would believe that what's good for the goose is good for the
gander.

But they keep pretending they are "fair and balanced". Which is
bull****.

Of course, what else do you expect from the left/right media?

Since that's about the only media there is I expect to get the facts
from them. I sure don't think blogs or the internet is where the facts
lie. But if you don't expect fair and balanced from the left/right media
then where would one find it?

Hawke