Silvan

Default Best three easy improvements to my shop. How about yours?

What are your best three easy imrpovements?

1. Getting all the bicycles and crap out of the shed, and making it
officially a "shop."

2. De-rusting at last (not exactly easy, but cheap) that old Morgan front
vise, then flattening my benchtop and grafting a flat hardwood top onto it,
then drilling a grid of dog holes.

I can't come up with a #3 because I bought a lathe for Christmas, and I've
been too busy covering every surface in my shop with ribbons of wood to use
or take care of any of the rest of it. It's a real mess, actually.
Turning blanks on my table saw, turning blanks on my workbench, scraps of
too-short wood all over the floor. Moved the belt sander onto a stand in
front of the workbench so it's close to the lathe... Used all my Scary
Sharp(tm) paper to sand spindles and bowls...

It was the best thing and the worst thing I've done in years.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/