Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default G-code help needed...

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Does anyone who has 3D capable CAD/CAM have the ambition to
generate some G-code for me? What I need is two sets of code for
a half egg shape, a positive and a negative to use in a press.
The egg would be approximately 3.5" diameter by a suitable length
perhaps ~4.5" or so. The pos/neg die clearance should be .020".
Post processor for Mach3.

3.5" Dia X 4.97" LOA

That sounds like a good size, and one that should fit the small work
envelope of an X2 mill. Also the 1.75" draw depth should hopefully
be small enough that the AL flashing material will press ok. I've
got a basic 20T H press which should do the job. Since this is to
bake cake which will get frosted, the surface finish doesn't have
to be perfect.

Send me a valid e-mail address and I'll send a dimensioned drawing
as a PDF file.
You can let me know if I'm on the right track.
I think you will have to experiment a little with your technique to
get a good result but once we have a solid, programming or
reprogramming changes it is a trivial excercise.

--
John R. Carroll

aux34 at snet dot net

I have TurboCAD, so I can view a variety of 3D models, it's the 3D CAM
that I'm lacking, I use SheetCAM.

The ZIP file contains an Iges translation.

--
John R. Carroll

That looks perfect. I'll glue up blocks that are 7.5"x12"x3" thick or so
to mill the die halves in. It looks like it should be millable with the
3/4" ball mill I have possibly? Perhaps roughing with a 1/2" EM? My X2
will do ~2,500 RPM and about 30 IPM.

Thanks,

Pete C.