Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default G-code help needed...

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Does anyone who has 3D capable CAD/CAM have the ambition to generate
some G-code for me? What I need is two sets of code for a half egg
shape, a positive and a negative to use in a press. The egg would be
approximately 3.5" diameter by a suitable length perhaps ~4.5" or so.
The pos/neg die clearance should be .020". Post processor for Mach3.

3.5" Dia X 4.97" LOA

--
John R. Carroll

That sounds like a good size, and one that should fit the small work
envelope of an X2 mill. Also the 1.75" draw depth should hopefully be
small enough that the AL flashing material will press ok. I've got a
basic 20T H press which should do the job. Since this is to bake cake
which will get frosted, the surface finish doesn't have to be perfect.