Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default Wiring second kitchen

"cln" wrote in message

My wife has ventured into cake baking and we are building a second
kitchen in a unfinished part of the basement. I did the framing but I
draw the line at electrical work so I will be getting this done by a
professional.

This seems prudent. In many parts of N.America the fire safety
code requires that new elec. wiring requires a building permit and
must be installed by an accredited electrician.

Here are my questions;
What wire do I use for the outlets above the countertop? How many
outlets can I have on each breaker? And what wire am I going to use
for lighting on one switch.. . .
I've read that a microwave should be on a seperate breaker?!? Is this
a nececity? it's barely used.
So for the (6-8) countertop outlets, can I put them all on one 14/3
wire?

Licensed electricians know the answers.

--
Don Phillipson