Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Pool table recover

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
On Apr 18, 10:47 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Anyone done it? I've moved my 3 pc. 8' table, and it was no big deal. I
have watched several videos of recovering, and I think I could handle it.
Any caveats?

I guess the worst thing is pulling all those staples.

Steve

Best tools to pull staples with is an awl and a pair of diagonal
cutters. Dont use the cutters to cut....grab the staple with the
cutters then roll the cutters instead of pulling.. Use the awl to pry
up the staple enough to get the cutters on it. Did this for 7 years.
Getting the cloth at the right tension comes with experience.

Jimmie

I disagree. The best tool for removing staples or opening cartons that are
stapled is a staple removal tool.

This price sounds absurd unless they have gone up a lot since I bought mine
but the picture is good.

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/villag...Hand_Tool_1967

Steve, I have only done it on a slate bed that spray glued down so I have no
other advice to offer.

--
Colbyt