Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Wiring second kitchen

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 4/20/2011 1:23 PM RBM spake thus:

"cln" wrote in message

My wife has ventured into cake baking and we are building a second
kitchen in a unfinished part of the basement. I did the framing
but I draw the line at electrical work so I will be getting this
done by a professional.

Here are my questions;
What wire do I use for the outlets above the countertop?

**You use 12 gauge, you need 2-20 amp circuits. You can run 2-12/2 cables
or 1-12/3 cable. You can split the outlets between the circuits any way
you like.

Except that, as already noted here, you can't use 12/3 (meaning a shared
neutral) unless you put 2 circuits on an Edison circuit. Which I would not
recommend, given the potential problems. And for what? Just spend the
extra $0.25 (metaphorically speaking) and run the proper cables (2x 12/2).
Don't dick around with trying to minimize cabling.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang
where
here
l8tr
by

- from Usenet (what's *that*?)

**Using 12/3 in an Edison circuit is , and has always been a proper way of
doing it. As with anything else, done properly, there are no "potential
problems"