Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Wiring second kitchen

"cln" wrote in message
My wife has ventured into cake baking and we are building a second
kitchen in a unfinished part of the basement. I did the framing but I
draw the line at electrical work so I will be getting this done by a
professional.

So I got my first quote on electrical work. The quote came steep at
$2600 so I descided to get a second quote...well 4 calls later, he
still has not establish a time for a quote. JUST the quote. can't wait
to line this guy up for the actuall word!! And to defend the first
guys, we might have to go with a second panel since the first one is
nearly full.

Whoever I pick, I still would like to do some of the work myself.
Rates in this region are $40-45+ an hour so there is no way that I'll
get someone to fish the wires and drill holes in the studs.

Here are my questions;
What wire do I use for the outlets above the countertop?

**You use 12 gauge, you need 2-20 amp circuits. You can run 2-12/2 cables or
1-12/3 cable. You can split the outlets between the circuits any way you
like.

How many
outlets can I have on each breaker? **pretty much, as many as you like
for general purpose countertops

And what wire am I going to use
for lighting on one switch. ** 1-14/2 will sufice for you lighting needs

I will have; (by outlet I mean a standard 2 plug)
1 Oven and 1 refrigerator on deticated lines and breaker.
1 Outlet for a lift pump (GFCI or GFI).
Above the coutertops I will have 6 or 8 outlets. One of which will run
a 115v 11 amp Mixer.
I've read that a microwave should be on a seperate breaker?!? Is this
a nececity? it's barely used. ** If it's a countertop model, it doesn't
need a separate circuit

So for the (6-8) countertop outlets, can I put them all on one 14/3
wire? I want to fish the wire through so I can save a bit on the guys
labour.
Should I run two seperate wires to level things? so 3 outlets, one
breaker + 4 outlet, second breaker.

Lighting;
We will have 4 florecent lights and one bulb in closet area. All these
can go on a 14/2 with one switch. Correct?

Thanks for your help