Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Back in the shop

Don Foreman wrote:

Hm. Mary was always in the house when I was doing stuff in the shop.
If something happened, she'd eventually miss me and come out to check.
Maybe I should start calling or emailing one of the kids when I start
something out there, and then call or email again when I'm done for
the day. I never work with tools after Miller time. I never used to
carry a cellphone but I always have one in my pocket now. Not turned
on, of course. "Chatting" on the phone does not appeal to me at all.

When I'm doing something where there is risk that I might not be able to extract myself
like crawling down in the well pit or working in a crawl space, I give my mom or uncle a
call letting them know where I'm at and to come looking for me if I don't call them back
in a hour or so.

I've also learned the best way to have an enjoyable evening is to turn that damn cell
phone off. Most calls I get are from people that want something.

I'm glad you are getting out in the shop. It is a good sign.

Hang in there,

Wes