Posted to alt.home.repair

Default foam vs. fiber insulation

"aemeijers" wrote
So why do all the panels in the local Borg say they have to be covered
with drywall? I thought that one flavor of foam panel (can never remember
the name) had been blessed for uncovered installations?

Foam will not support combustion on its own, but it will burn if others
things around it are burning. Put a match to it and it burns. Take the
match away, the fire goes out in seconds.

I'm tempted to just buy the thickest foil-covered iso panels I can stand
to pay for, and do it anyway, since there is pretty much no inspection out
here. I'm just afraid I'd have to rip it all down at sale time though, and
that stuff adds up fast.

I'd probably do that.