Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blown engine

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:27:13 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

WW wrote:
wrote in message
Why do so many Craftsman lawn tractors have blown engines? There always
one for sale, "Nice machine but engine is blown".

I had a Craftsman 7 horse rototiller attachment for a garden tractor. Bought
it used First owner had a blown engine. He replaced it with a like type
Craftsman engine. That one threw a rod through the case soon after I bought
it. (same as the first one.) I replaced with a different brand. Used it
for 10 years on a 3/4 acre garden. Moved to a smaller property. Sold tiller
to a friend an he never had any problem with it.. WW

Hi,
Today's Craftsman anything is jink. I quit going to Sears years ago.
Their price is not good either. Things I bought (tools) ~50 years ago
are good, I still use them. Craftsman is only name sake now.

Well, for one thing, Tecumseh is gone as an engine source, so who
knows what chinese crap they (and all "lower end" equipment is using.?