Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Blown engine

WW wrote:
wrote in message
Why do so many Craftsman lawn tractors have blown engines? There always
one for sale, "Nice machine but engine is blown".

I had a Craftsman 7 horse rototiller attachment for a garden tractor. Bought
it used First owner had a blown engine. He replaced it with a like type
Craftsman engine. That one threw a rod through the case soon after I bought
it. (same as the first one.) I replaced with a different brand. Used it
for 10 years on a 3/4 acre garden. Moved to a smaller property. Sold tiller
to a friend an he never had any problem with it.. WW

Hi,
Today's Craftsman anything is jink. I quit going to Sears years ago.
Their price is not good either. Things I bought (tools) ~50 years ago
are good, I still use them. Craftsman is only name sake now.