Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 04:56:03 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 19, 1:06*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "MarkK"
wrote:

A grid tie inverter emulates a current
source.

Good lord. That's what all this is about? 9,000 rambling posts full of
arithmetic and gibberish and it all comes down to that? Why didn't you
speak up earlier? Well, maybe you did, I confess I've gotten bogged down
with all the long-windedness that's permeated the thread and I've
deleted a few posts without reading them.

Now I feel like we're getting somewhere, or at least, I might be. All
that talk of inverters putting out an extra volt to compensate for the
resistance of the wire from the house to the pole made no sense at all.
A current source, that's something I can comprehend.

Google "Norton and Thevinin Equivalency" or "Norton Thevinin
Circuits".

You'll see that a resistive circuit can be modeled as either a current
source or a voltage source together with a resistor and that they are
interchangeable and equivalent in how they behave.

Bingo! It doesn't matter which you model the inverter as, the physics doesn't
change.