Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Pool table recover

"Bill" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
Anyone done it? I've moved my 3 pc. 8' table, and it was no big deal. I
have watched several videos of recovering, and I think I could handle it.
Any caveats?

I have done this on a one piece slate table with the proper billiard cloth
ordered from a billiard supply (around $200).

I did this only after watching it done by a pro on another table. Quite a
bit to all this to get the cloth stretched just right and to cut the cloth
for the side pockets just right.

The cushions can be a royal pain. Some people recover their table, but
take the cushions to a pro to be done.

As to a 3 piece slate table which was moved, I've not done one of these,
but the trick is to first spend a lot of time making sure the slates are
level and filling the cracks with bees wax or whatever.

There are some books on this. One is called "Pool Table Sales and Service"
by Conway.

I had a long aluminum straight edge that spanned the three pieces. Shimming
was not too bad, and when I checked it the other day, it's still true.

Steve