Davey P

Default advice require about wiring of fitted electric oven

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:27:54 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

One thing that really would improve safety is to replace this museum piece
with a proper consumer unit with MCBs and RCBOs (or an RCD).

Cheers for all the replies :-)

We're saving up to do some improvements to the house, which will
include getting a modern unit fitted - preferably not in the cellar,
which is accessed via a trapdoor and means moving furniture!

The only appliances that we've got downstairs that would draw a lot of
power from the ring would be the washing machine, tumble dryer, a
microwave combi oven, and a kettle - so I'll make sure we don't have
them all going on full whack at the same time!

regards
Davey P