Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro[_5_] Jethro[_5_] is offline

Default Dimming street lights?

On Apr 19, 12:21*pm, jgharston wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Which leads back to my "if it *really* mattered" argument. Is there
*any* government push for homeworking (tax breaks for companies, etc)?

No, not a tax break for workers - who cares about them ? I meant a tax
break for a company (say 1% of corporation tax) that can demonstrate
they have a policy to encourage homeworking. That way, the
*shareholders* would pressure the directors to make it happen.

In my career, I have sat on 3 separate employee forums that discussed
home/flex working. (In 3 companies). Every time we put together a very
cogent, and reasoned proposal for why it would work. Each time, they
were rejected with the simple "the MD doesn't like it". The closest we
got was when it was pointed out that letting an employee homework
could be viewed as a 5% pay rise with no cost to the company.