Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DougC DougC is offline

Default where in USA to buy drive chain/gears?

On 4/18/2011 8:00 AM, Pete C. wrote:

DougC wrote:

On 4/18/2011 6:03 AM, DougC wrote:
I need a chain drive: a ~3 inch cog driving a ~6 inch cog, with 7 or 8
inches in between them. I would only need one set.

well nuts,,,,,,,

there's car timing chain kits like this for only $40 a set. :P

only problem is the chain might be a bit too short, so i may need to buy
another chain and lengthen one somehow. if the stuff comes apart, that
is.... ?

Bulk chain, connecting links and sprockets are available in many sizes
from many sources. Online you have McMaster, MSC, Surpluscenter and many
others, retail you have Tractor Supply and similar.

Neither McMaster, MSC or Surpluscenter sell any chain or gears for
silent belt-link chain.

It looks like this:
http://bikemanperformance.com/snowmo...nt-chains.html

It doesn't go on "sprockets", it goes on specially-made gearwheels.