Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming street lights?

dennis@home wrote:

A untapped revenue stream, better phone the council so they can have
someone go around and issue tickets.

I'm not likely to do that, but I'm surprised someone hasn't suggested a
graveyard shift of wardens.

BTW its illegal to park the wrong way around with the street lights *on*.

Not according to the highway code, I checked when I noticed the lighting
changes ...

"You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against
the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised
parking space."

"All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road
or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph"

I'm sure there's plenty of scope for you to claim those are weasel words
and to remind us that the HC isn't the law, so feel free.