Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming street lights?

Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Round here whole swathes of them have been "unplugged",

They've been considering that round here. It's already pretty black at night
(village). Certainly seems to be a retrograde step WRT accidents and
crime...

I was actually going to report a few hundred yard stretch of lights as
faulty when I first noticed they were all off for several evenings, it
was then that I realised that burying a small article on the council
website a couple of months prior to switching them off counts as
"consultation".

twas ever thus.