Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair
g g is offline

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

On 17/04/2011 20:40, David Nebenzahl wrote:

It *sounds*--and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong--as if you're
agreeing with me, and with Smitty, and others when we say that it is
*not* required that the photovoltaic inverter supply a higher voltage in
order to transfer current to the grid. (I take this from the last
sentence in the next-to-last paragraph, where you say " ... will adapt
itself to the line voltage, whatever it may be".)

The arguments against this, with all the pseudo-science being thrown
around (most of it by the ones who are also slinging insults) are
getting quite tiresome here.

If you take the voltage drops into account, the voltage at the inverter
has to be higher than the voltage at the grid connection point.

This is a real world scenario.