Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default Chimney questions

On Apr 17, 4:58*pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 17, 2:33*pm, ransley wrote:

On Apr 17, 9:15*am, Michael B wrote:

Hey, with no fireplaces along the way, I'd make
the chimney go away. Even if it had to be replaced
by a couple of vent pipes, that may barely have to
go a foot beyond the roof penetration..
Got a roof replacement coming up anytime soon?

On Apr 16, 7:43*am, "
wrote:

Along the lines of Michael's sizing issues, if you replace the boiler
*with a direct vent, the chimney will be too
large for just the water heaters and will need to have a chimney liner
installed. *Just some factors to keep in mind as you go through the
options.

Please show me a Condensing Steam Boiler with Low Temp exhaust, I
looked.- Hide quoted text -

I agree with your observation. *When I suggested considering
a high efficiency direct vent, I was thinking hot water, not
steam. *You're right, in the home class units, looks like there
is no such steam animal. *Which I guess makes sense
because to extract all the heat out, it has to go to someplace
colder. *With the higher the temp of the fluid, eg hot air, water,
steam, the harder it gets to do that.

Im looking for a new steam unit for a 12 unit, even at 1,000,000 btu I
cant find one.