Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Request transistor cross reference

On 4/17/2011 3:31 PM Barry spake thus:

"kaplanB" wrote in message
roups.com...

Jeff, Did you ever find a supplier or cross reference for T30G40?

I'm on the hunt as well

Have you ever thought about entering T30G40 into a Google search?

Google quickly found: 800V Vcbo, 30A Ic Low frequency power silicon
NPN transistor Operational temperature range from 0°C to 150°C.

V(BR)CEO (V)=400
V(BR)CBO (V)=800
I(C) Abs.(A) Collector Current=30
Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W)=200
h(FE) Min. Static Current Gain=80
f(T) Min. (Hz) Transition Freq=7.0M
t(d) Max. (s) Delay time.=3.0u
t(s) Max. (s) Storage time.=3.0u
t(f) Max. (s) Fall time.=1.0u
Package=SIP
Military=N

As much as I hate gmail and GoogleGroups, Google itself is quite handy!

With all due respect, since often people don't make even the minimal
effort to find something by "Googling" (gawd, how I hate that that's now
a verb!), you didn't find what was being asked for here. Which was a
cross-reference or substitution guide for this device, not a definition
of its parameters.

I find this is true with a lot of semiconductors and other things out
the it's fairly easy to find datasheets and technical details such as
you put up there, but often difficult or impossible to come up with a
simple answer to "what other devices can I substitute for this one,
since there's no way in hell I'll ever be able to obtain one of these?".

(Of course, you can always find another device that matches these
parameters, but that's not a trivial exercise, unless one has some handy
references available. One *might* be able to do this using DigiKey's
parameter-matching item search, but I couldn't say for sure, not having
looked up transistors using it.)

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang