Posted to sci.electronics.repair
willywainwright willywainwright is offline

Default minidisc player shows track but won't play tracks

On Apr 16, 12:23*pm, wrote:
On Apr 16, 12:10*pm, willywainwright wrote:

hello, I have a number of sony minidisc players that suddenly won't
play the track for no apparent reason. I've tried batteries and plug
in power with no difference. Powers up fine, shows spinning icon in
window, track number shows but I can't get the units to play the disc.
I've tried it in all positions, even upside down and sideways but
still no playing of disc
any ideas?
willy

1) Try lens cleaner disc.
2) Now toss the whole shebang in the garbage
3) Get a free cell phone, even they'll come with a MP3 player.

Minidisc is over. It's dead, finished, kaput. And I'm speaking as
someone who bought a MZ-1 when they first came out.

maybe a lens cleaner disc would work. wonder if I can find one. I'll
give it a try. Garbage is full of my cassette tapes and players and
all my 8-track tapes. Willy