Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default radio interference

"amdx" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"amdx" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Apr 16, 12:54 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Professor Will appears to have jumped the gun. Here's the latest
example:

" [R]espondents were asked whether they agreed with various
characterizations of different racial groups. Only 35 percent of those
who
strongly approve of the tea party agreed that blacks are hardworking,
compared with 55 percent of those who strongly disapprove of the tea
party.
On whether blacks were intelligent, 45 percent of the tea-party
supporters
agreed, compared with 59 percent of the tea-party opponents. And on
the
issue of whether blacks were trustworthy, 41 percent of the tea-party
supporters agreed, compared with 57 percent of the tea-party
opponents.

"The survey, which included about 1,000 respondents in six
battleground
states (like Michigan and Nevada) and California, found similar
margins on
questions regarding Latinos."

http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/mssrp_table.pdf

George tends to fall in love with his own rhetorical skills and to go
off
half-cocked when he thinks he has a great insight. His "insight" this
time
appears to be that the Tea Party is the second coming of his beloved
Burkean
conservatives, with a strong libertarian bent. The evidence is that
not
everyone in the Tea Party is a racist, but that racists seem to
gravitate
toward the Tea Party -- something like Muslims and terrorists.

--
Ed Huntress

It would be interesting if the same questions were asked about white
folks. It could be that members of the Tea Party have a lower opinion
about everyone. In fact I would expect members of a group that thinks
the government is not hard working, trustworthy, or intelligent, would
also think everyone is the same way.

Dan

That's an interesting thought. I'd like to see such a study, too.

--
Ed Huntress

There was study on racism performed in Nov, 2008.
About 95% of blacks voted for a black for president over a white.
Mikek

So did I.

That's smart. What's dumb is blue-collar white men voting for a washed-up
old Republican.

--
Ed Huntress

I'll give you that we didn't have the best candidate, but at least he did
believe that
America is great country and we have helped the world.
The president we have now does not believe in the individual and what we
can
accomplish when government gets out of the way.
I believe a lot of poverty in America is caused by government programs
that
promote the idea that you don't need to provide for yourself.
I believe that the rich provide jobs for most people, and it will hurt
the economy
if you take more from them. The top 1% pay 38% of all taxes and the bottom
50%
pay 2% of taxes. That is messed up. In my opinion if you don't pay taxes
you
should not have a voice in how those taxes are spent. And I don't want to
hear they
pay payroll taxes, those are social security taxes are a forced retirement
program.
Sometimes known as a ponze scheme.
I believe that if you are motivated you can provide a comfortable
lifestyle and
save for you future, and if the government would get out of the way it
would be much easier.
Our president did say he would raise energy prices and he has done that
and if we let him
he will raise them more.
Have you noticed the rise in your electric bill sense Obama was elected?
We need to reduce the public dole rather than add more, as Obama wants to
do.
It's time for you to grow up and take care of yourself instead of looking
to the taxpayers to
care for you.
Mikek

My God. I've never heard anyone who has so completely bought into the whole
enchilada. The billions of dollars that the plutocrats have paid to market
their bill of goods to you has really paid off.

It isn't worth trying to argue those points because there are so many of
them, and you probably wouldn't believe the facts, anyway. But here's one
small example of what you'd see if you actually dug into those ideas of
yours to see if they hold up in the face of the evidence: The price of
electricity has gone *down*, not up, since Obama came into office. But Obama
had nothing to do with it.

Average retail price in 2008 was 11.26 cents/kWhr in 2008. So far in 2011,
it's 10.99 cents/kWhr.:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electri...able5_6_a.html (bottom table,
"Electric Sales, Revenue and Average Price")

Maybe you're leaving your lights on at night.

Are you an evidence-based kind of guy, or are you one of those who thinks he
already knows what all the answers are? If you're the former, we can pick
through those things and see what the facts are. If you're the latter, grab
a beer and pull up a stool. You have plenty of company here.

--
Ed Huntress