Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Drop ceiling or drywall ceiling?

CraigT wrote:
I know everyone wants a drywall ceiling, but I have a walkout
basement that if I were to put a drywall ceiling in I'd have to put in 12
access
panels for electrical boxes, water shutoffs, vent dampers, etc. in an area
18' X 27'. Here are couple pictures of what I've got in the way of
"stuff" I need access to and what it might look like with all the panels.
Would I just be better off going with a drop ceiling?

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2ry1y6x.jpg

http://oi55.tinypic.com/334nj2f.jpg

If you do decide to do a drop ceiliing, you may want to take a look at this
style that I saw at Home Depot:

http://www.armstrong.com/resclgam/na...itemId=44650.0 .

They are Armstrong 1201 Prestige 2'x2' ceiling tiles and they look pretty
good to me -- at least not like typical ceiling tiles. They are 2'x2'
panels, but each 2'x2' panel contains four 1'x1' recessed square-pattern
tiles.

The price was $8.68 per 2'x2' tile, or $2.17 per square foot. And, the
tiles seem solid so they won't sag etc.