Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Good Mailbox Paint

Evan wrote:

On Apr 16, 6:52*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:04:54 -0700 (PDT), Evan

wrote:
People who are bat-**** crazy about protecting their mailboxes
from being batted away by passing carloads of vandals should
locate those mailboxes far enough away from the side of the
road so that they can not be reached with a baseball bat out
of a vehicle's window -- problem solved...

The Postmaster General may require the mailbox only be X inches from
the shoulder of the road. Within batting range.

ROFL... Bull****... Your local district postmaster may have imposed
that requirement, but it is NOT a national standard...

This is the national standard for rural Delivery-
http://www.usps.com/receive/mailboxstandards.htm

"Your mailbox should be set back 6 to 8 inches from the front face of
the curb or road edge to the mailbox door."

Suburbs around my parts are filled with streets where the mailboxes
are attached to the house next to the front door...

You might notice that suburbs are different than rural. I'm in the
burbs-- but my mail is 'rural delivery'.

Jim