Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default minidisc player shows track but won't play tracks

Meat Plow wrote in message
news
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:23:19 -0700, a7yvm109gf5d1 wrote:

On Apr 16, 12:10 pm, willywainwright wrote:
hello, I have a number of sony minidisc players that suddenly won't
play the track for no apparent reason. I've tried batteries and plug in
power with no difference. Powers up fine, shows spinning icon in
window, track number shows but I can't get the units to play the disc.
I've tried it in all positions, even upside down and sideways but still
no playing of disc
any ideas?
willy

1) Try lens cleaner disc.
2) Now toss the whole shebang in the garbage 3) Get a free cell phone,
even they'll come with a MP3 player.

Minidisc is over. It's dead, finished, kaput. And I'm speaking as
someone who bought a MZ-1 when they first came out.

I own a Sharp S60 and a Sony NetMD. Both record wonderfully with a stereo
condenser mic, the Sony will load songs from a PC in about 4 minutes.
Also has an FM tuner. Minidisc isn't dead for me. I also own 32 gig Ipod
Touch. I use all three frequently.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse

I use a Sharp MD R60 once a month recording and transcribing public talks
and more
testingly Q&A from the audience in acoustically about the worst possible
environment.
Rarely do I miss a word if I do it is some obscure technical term. Two basic
electret mikes on fine multistrand cable and rubber
sleeving plugged directly into the recorder and acoustically decoubled body
by use of a "Benny" between it and the table.
I'm always amazed by the clarity of sound.

Cafe scientific talks www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/scicaf.htm
past talks, www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/scicaf2.htm