Posted to alt.home.repair

Default foam vs. fiber insulation

wrote in message
Hello all,

Looking for opinions on crawl space insulation. This is for an old
rent house on block and pad foundation. I am considering either R13 or
1 1/2" rigid foam (vapor barrier on one side and radiant barrier on
the other).

Fiber seems to have better cumulative R-value. However, I don't know
if bugs and crawlies nesting in it will be an issue. I can get the 1
1/2 for about 10 dollars a piece. Fiber will let me do this
incrementally as time allows.

Trying to get a feel on what is the better option.

thanks
richard

There is price and there is value. No way would I use fiber in a crawl
space. Could be good rodent nesting. Spray foam is best for that, but foam
board would be my next choice.