Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Good Mailbox Paint

On Apr 15, 12:28*pm, "walter" wrote:
After we had two I items stolen from our rural mailbox, I bought one of
those big lockable boxes:

http://www.amazon.com/Architectural-...Locking-Mailbo...

I don't like the black paint. Would like to paint it gray. What kind of
paint should I use to withstand rain for years to come. Some kind of epoxy?

Thanks

Walter
--www.rationality.net

I use acrylic enamel automotive paint on mine. Paint it about every 10
years. Nothing fancy just a spray can bought at AutoZone. Sounds like
you have about the same problem my father in law had. He fabricated a
mailbox to look like the old ones from 3/16 sheet steel. It was
learned that a couple of guys had been bashing mail boxes from the
back of a pickup with a piece of rebar. They know this because the guy
using the rebar was found in front of my in laws home with broken arm
and leg and the rebar wrapped around the mail box.

Jimmie