Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob-tx[_3_] Bob-tx[_3_] is offline

Default Good Mailbox Paint

"harry" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 5:28 pm, "walter" wrote:
After we had two I items stolen from our rural mailbox, I bought one of
those big lockable boxes:

http://www.amazon.com/Architectural-...Locking-Mailbo...

I don't like the black paint. Would like to paint it gray. What kind of
paint should I use to withstand rain for years to come. Some kind of
epoxy?

Thanks

Walter
--www.rationality.net

Hammerite?

We bought a house in Plano, TX in 1969. I painted the mail box with a red
and white striped pattern, using masking tape to separate the colors. We
sold the house in 1973 when we got transferred. In 1989, almost 20 years
later, I drove by that house and the same mail box with the same striping
was still there with almost the same colors. I had used cheap spray paint
to paint it.

So don't worry, use what you like, maybe it will last a long time, maybe
not. Not a big deal.

Bob-tx