Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues andfinger-pointing

harry wrote:

So what you're saying is this:

Connect 2 batteries of the same voltage together in parallel to
the same load and each battey will supply half the current to
the load.

That sounds like a really good bargain. Just by matching the
power companies voltage at my service input, my PV system will
supply half the current - always!

No. You match the voltage and then turn it up until the full load
current of your array is flowing in practical terms.

There. Do you understand that?

That's exactly what I've been saying - that you "turn it up" (the
inverter's voltage output) to maximize the PV's current (I) supply into
the grid.

But everyone else (or most everyone else) is saying no - that simply
matching the grid voltage (as measured at your service connection) is
all that happens (and is all that needs to happen) for the entire PV
current (I) capacity of the PV system to be "injected" into the grid.

So now that we agree that PV systems need to raise the grid voltage if
they're going to "force" their maximal available supply capacity into
the grid, it's a moot or academic question as to what exactly their
supply situtation would be (how much current they'd supply into the
grid) if the invertors simply matched the grid voltage.