Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Good Mailbox Paint

On Apr 15, 9:35*pm, aemeijers wrote:
On 4/15/2011 7:07 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

If it gets much worse, some country folks will end up
setting up guard towers, and snipers. Wait till we need tilt
sensors on cow collars, with GPS, as teens are doing a crime
wave of cow tipping.

On a rural road near here, one 'gentleman farmer' (not sure if he
actually works the fields that surround the house), actually has his
mailbox inside an open cube of welded square steel stock, with about a
foot of air space around the box itself. No way for the kids to a
drive-by baseball practice on that one, not without getting a broken
wrist. Laughed like hell first time I saw it- growing up in a small
town, I knew exactly what was going on. I never damaged any mailboxes
myself, of course, but saw plenty of them on the rural 2-laners as I did
my teenage wandering when first licensed.

--
aem sends...

I put my moms mailbox on a H steel beam after too many people drove
over it. The beam was 3 feet above ground and 5 feet below. The box
was still exposed to baseball bats, but no one messed with it after
that.

one day someone hit the box which stuck out a little but just missed
the pole beam. it would of totaled their vehicle. the box was found 20
feet away, a nearby tree got hit too, but survived with scars.

I was REALLY tired of replacing that pole..