Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Skydiving

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:18:20 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 4/15/2011 2:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Water skiing (self-stopping) vs hurtling 90+mph down a hill of
ice/snow with no brakes? Me, too.

Self stopping? LOL! I was a self taught downhill skier, took me a lot of
mental effort to overcome my instinct to lean back.

One summer some friends took me water skiing for the first time. Didn't
get much instruction on what to do once up as they didn't expect me to
master that right off. But I popped right up first time.
I'm sorta leaning forward a bit, and thinking "something's not right
here..." as the line goes slack. An instant later, I'm looking at the
bottom of the lake in detail. Dazed, I roll over and look at the skis
floating above me, with the surface well above them. About then it hits
me I'm sorta in trouble. Was close enough to the bottom to push off, and
combined with my life vest, I just broke surface as the urge to breath
won out. Don't know how long I was under, but it was long enough to
scare the crap out of my friends.

Well, silly. -Most- people learn how to swim and float -before- they
try water skiing. Duh! ;^)

--
Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.