Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/14/2011 11:18 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

The fuse is not being put forward as a solution - just to avoid
blowing the transformer while finding the real problem.

** The fuse will actually help you diagnose the problem.

If the fuse opens soon as AC power is applied - the tranny is being
overloaded.

If the fuse opens after some time because insulation in the primary
side has
failed, replacement fuses will open immediately despite the secondary
being
disconnected.

...Phil

Hmm,

This isunthinkab;e crazy idea but is the x-former being put in backward?
Rgwew i a such thing as current limiting x-formers. One thig I'd try
then I'd put in proper Wattage low value resister to lower the primary
voltage.

My word, you need sleep or something. Backwards would, oh never mind
you just proved you have no electronics knowledge.