Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default Honda lawn mower valve problem

On Tuesday, October 23, 2007 4:48:58 PM UTC-4, lawnmowermike wrote:
I have one of the new overhead valve Honda lawn mowers. Recently, it
has been not starting and pu-ing at a low audible sound when you pull
the cord to start the motor-the motor of course not starting. I took
the valve cover off and sure enough I had a stuck valve. I then took
the cap off the valve and spring and the pulled on the valve end with
vise-grips.......sure enough it freed up....I put it all back together
and it started right up. This whole event has happened now three
times. On the third time that it happened, I went in to put on the
valve end and cracked off the end. O my god, now what do I do? In
studying the motor, it looks as though you have to take the whole
thing apart to change the valve! Big job? I suppose I need a shop
manual to proceed? Any help here would be appreciated.

Mike

Just pull the head. It won't be as bad as you think. Do both valves.

Hank