Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Repairing a USB 2.0 hub

On Apr 15, 8:05*am, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 15/04/2011 7:35 PM, Man-wai Chang wrote:

What most likely kill the hub? Could it be repaired in general?

It's a Samsung PUH-7000NB.

Presumably it's powered by a plugpack, which may have died, and be
replacable with something equivalent from your local electronics store.

Otherwise I'd expect it to be beyond salvage.

Sylvia.

The ones I've seen are all powered off the USB connection. And given
the low cost of these not worth trying to fix, even if that were
possible, which I'd say is not
possible. Most likely it's the IC that's bad. Not much else there.