Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

Phil Allison wrote:

The fuse is not being put forward as a solution - just to avoid
blowing the transformer while finding the real problem.

** The fuse will actually help you diagnose the problem.

If the fuse opens soon as AC power is applied - the tranny is being
overloaded.

If the fuse opens after some time because insulation in the primary side has
failed, replacement fuses will open immediately despite the secondary being
disconnected.

...Phil

Hi,
Another question, does he keep buying same x-former over and over or
something different little havier one? Along with fuse I'd put in series
a low value proper Wattage resistor to lower the primmary voltage little
bit. Crazy thinking but hope the x-former is not put in backward.