Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rshipman rshipman is offline

Default Richmond Radial Drill wiring?

Hi,

I have a 1955 Richmond radial drill with Brookhirst switch gear etc. (I'm
based in Baldock, England, UK).
Unfortunately I can't tell you what model etc the drill is. But looking on
the internet it seems to be similar to the SR2.

Please check out images:
http://www.icknieldforge.co.uk/richmondradialdrill.jpg
http://www.icknieldforge.co.uk/richm...unctionbox.jpg

I need a wiring diagram or something for the main junction box, so I know
where to connect the incoming 3phase etc. Terminals A, B D and E seem to
be the only ones with nothing connected to them, at least on this side of
the board (can't see behind). But I really don't know where it should go.

Also can anyone tell me what the various components in this box actually
do please?

Any help gratefully received!

Junction box details:
Donovan Electrical, Birmingham B33 9BU (division of Brookhirst Igranic Ltd)
No. AIE114/727
Control Volts: 100/110
Stator Volts: 400/440
H.P.: 3 Max