Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How Sharp Do You Keep an Axe?

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:00:42 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Shawn, you make a bloody good point there. I have some 12" woodworking
blades for my recip, too. I'll try that later today, iffen the rain
stops long enough. The smaller recip will get into tighter areas,
too. I like it!

Those recip saws are handy.

Had a neighbor who had a bunch of junk to get rid of, but it would not fit
into the garbage can. I brought my recip saw over there and cut everything
up into small enough chunks to satisfy the garbage man. I have done the
same thing myself. Roots, branches, old office chairs, etc. It is
versatile. And when it bogs down, just change the blade. I did not have one
for along time. But when I got it (on sale) I have been finding uses for it
again and again. The only problem is when the stock is not secure. As long
as the stock is secure, everything else works just fine.

Ditto here. I have some of he old back porch roof to cut up, where the
flashing was glued to the perimeter with hot tar. I'll cut it to
length and send it away with the garbage next week.

They're the only thing for demolition...unless you can afford a
carbide chain saw chain for $200-400.

--
The United States of America is the greatest, the
noblest and, in its original founding principles,